Spotlight – Royal Greenwich Short Breaks
Have you visited our short breaks hotel-style service in Greenwich lately?
Our guests love coming to stay, doing something different either in the service or out in the community, giving carers a well earned break from their demanding role.
What more could you want?
Royal Greenwich Short Breaks service at Kemsing Road is an individual short breaks service, registered with the Care Quality Commission, for people with learning disabilities.
We’ve had a couple of changes at the service. We have a new sensory room which is a real hit with our guests, and this coupled with the updated garden space including sensory areas, raised beds, guests can’t wait to come back for their next visit!
Our new administrator, Shona, who joined in October can let you know about our simplified rates and what we have on offer. Give her a call on 0208 2691192. Our new brochures are just going to print too so there’s lots going on!
We have passed an educational audit from the university of Greenwich to note we are a good service able to offer learning opportunities to students which helps to bring diversity to the staff team, different opportunities to guests and a spotlight of quality improvement.
Also it is very reassuring to note that Royal Greenwich Short Breaks service was shortlisted for the Care Team award category and one of the staff was shortlisted for the Care Home Worker award so you can be safe in the knowledge that each guest will be supported by an exceptional group of people who all have one thing in common, their goal to make sure every guest has a wonderful time, every time.
There are always plenty of activities going on each week at the service and outside in the community:
- Explore the sensory garden and chill-out zone
- Learn new skills in our allotment spaces
- Enjoy social events and activities
- Relax and unwind in our sensory hub. The hub also doubles up as a venue for our pop corn film nights including use of tablet and wii
- Have fun at our Karaoke and interactive music nights
- Dine to menus that are designed by you – bespoke to your individual palate
- Dance the night away at supervised nightclub
- Develop itinerary to visit London landmarks
Don’t delay, call service manager Ann, or Shona our administrator, for an informal chat on 020 8269 1192 or email email@example.com
We had a great productive afternoon, and your staff were wonderful - so accommodating and friendly.
- Representative from 'It Takes Two', council funded project working towards supporting adults with learning disabilities to access community resources in a more meaningful way
I've read your CQC report this morning and was particularly impressed by the user and relatives comments in the 'Caring' section.