Outlook Care is committed to providing the highest possible quality of service to the people who use our services, the organisations who purchase services on their behalf and all other customers and stakeholders.
We are committed to the Quality Matters initiative, which is a shared commitment to high-quality, person centred adult social care. It has been produced to make a difference in care services by working across the sector with people who use these services and their carers.
Our quality assurance system, incorporates the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001:2015, to which Outlook Care has achieved certification.
The high standard of service we aim for is achieved through the implementation of our internal quality management system, which covers all of our operational functions from delivery of care and support through to resourcing and staff training. This commitment to staff involvement is reflected in our Investors in People award.
We provide evidence-based and continually improving services, which promote both good outcomes and best value, which includes:
- Ensuring a person centred approach to the care and support for each individual and obtaining regular feedback from our customers at reviews.
- Enabling the people we support to set Customer Standards and involving them in our Experts by Experience auditing process.
- Internal Quality Monitoring Visits, involving the people we support, identifying recommendations and requirements to ensure the improvement and development of the service, as well as identifying commendations for good practice and achievements.
- Obtaining feedback from others who are involved with our services, such as healthcare professionals and relatives.
- Policies, procedures and guidelines, which detail how these agreed levels of service are to be achieved.
- Auditing of our systems to ensure that our high quality standards are maintained and to highlight areas for improvement.
- Enabling relatives and carers to set Carer Standards, which are tested by our Board member visits.
Externally Outlook Care is regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). Partnership working with Registered Social Landlords and Financial, Employment and Health & Safety legislation also places stringent requirements upon the organisation.
Driving Up Quality Code
Outlook Care is signed up to the Driving Up Quality code. The Code sets out five key standards for learning disability care; these include things like, ‘focussing support on the person’ and ‘supporting the individual to lead an ordinary and meaningful life’. By adhering to all aspects of the Code, care providers can help to ensure that the atrocities of Winterbourne View are never repeated.
As part of signing up to the Driving Up Quality Code, providers commit to assess their organisation across the 5 key standards.
See our Easy Read Report for 2018/19 and Full Report below.
Quality Self Assessment Reportpdf Driving Up Quality Self Assessment Report 463 KB
pdf Driving Up Quality - Easy Read 1 MB