Driving up Quality
Outlook Care is committed to providing the highest possible quality of service to the people who use our services, the organisations who purchase services on their behalf and all other customers and stakeholders.
Our quality assurance system, the Continuous Improvement Programme (CIP), incorporates the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001:2008, which Outlook Care has achieved across the whole of the organisation. New schemes are included in the scope as soon as it is possible to incorporate them into the three-year accreditation cycle.
The high standard of service we aim for is achieved through the implementation of CIP, which covers all of our operational functions from delivery of care and support through to our internal management systems. Staff at all levels of the organisation are involved in CIP and this commitment to staff involvement is reflected in our Investors in People award.
We provide evidence-based and continually improving services, which promote both good outcomes and best value, which includes:
- Ensuring a person centred approach to the care and support for each individual.
- Enabling the people we support to set Customer Standards and involving them in the auditing process.
- Internal Quality Monitoring Visits and themed audits for each service, involving the people we support, identifying recommendations and requirements to ensure the improvement and development of the service, as well as identifying commendations for good practice and achievements.
- Obtaining feedback from others who are involved with our services, such as healthcare professionals and relatives.
- Policies, procedures and guidelines, which detail how these agreed levels of service are to be achieved.
- Auditing of our systems to ensure that our high quality standards are maintained and to highlight areas for improvement.
Externally Outlook Care is regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and Quality Assessment Framework (QAF) for Supporting People. Partnership working with Registered Social Landlords and Financial, Employment and Health & Safety legislation also places stringent requirements upon the organisation.