Piotr’s blog – Valuing our staff
This month (July 2017) we announced a £1000 pay increase in our standard support workers pay rate. The increase comes into effect this month.
I am delighted that we have been able to make this increase, along with other recent pay rises, as a reflection of our commitment and investment to ensure fair reward while helping us to attract and retain high quality staff.
I mentioned in my April blog that we recognise that we need to improve our retention and to ensure we recruit people with the right values.
We have been working hard on our recruitment and retention project and are in the process of working on many new initiatives that include:
- new recruitment pages for our website
- exploring new recruitment software to ensure the candidate experience is as smooth and easy as possible
- developing service and role profiles for prospective staff
- updating our exit process to get feedback from all leavers on their employment experience
- revised recognition scheme enabling Senior Managers to reward good performance quickly and locally in addition to our current quarterly scheme
We will keep you updated on our progress.
Our staff are what makes Outlook Care great. We look forward to attracting new high quality staff, whilst retaining our wonderful existing staff of many years, assisting their ongoing development and promoting our very best staff when opportunities present themselves.
All the very best