Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
CURRENT VISITING POLICY
As we all adjust to a world where Coronavirus lives among us, we acknowledge that even when we move through the various changes to Guidance , COVID-19 remains a challenge for everyone and particularly those working in the care sector and also for the people we support.
Customers in our registered residential care homes and communal supported living Services will not be limited to how many visitors can visit regularly (this does not include essential care givers or essential visits).
Each Service has its own individual visiting plan and risk assessment that will need to be followed during the visit, please discuss with the team at the Service.
- There should not normally be any restrictions to visits in or out of our care homes and other services including the number of visitors, however we ask that there only be a maximum of two visitors in bedrooms, communal areas can be used for other visitor numbers.
- Essential care givers can visit in all circumstances – including during periods of isolation and outbreak. End of life visits will always be facilitated.
- Visitors not providing personal care no longer need to test.
- NHS staff should be able to provide evidence of a negative test within the last 72 hours on entry.
- CQC inspectors should test before their inspection, up to a maximum of twice a week if they are in care settings two times or more per week.
- Other visiting professionals should be tested with tests provided by the care home if they are providing personal care, as per the guidance for visitors providing personal care.
- Care home residents should only self-isolate if they test positive for COVID-19, or if they are admitted from hospital where there is an active outbreak
- Visitors are still expected to wear facemasks, but it is acknowledged that in some circumstances this might not be appropriate. Additional PPE may be appropriate for visitors providing personal care (i.e., the essential care giver role).
- Any visitor who has COVID-19 symptoms should not visit the home and follow guidance in relation to testing.
- All visitors will be required to have their temperature taken and follow infection and prevention measures, the use of hand sanitiser and the wearing of masks in communal areas.
We continue to welcome new customers to our Services and have robust procedures in place that include testing all new customers prior to moving in either from Hospital or other settings.
People We Support
All customers have been offered their COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters and those who wished to receive a vaccination or booster have been given them.
Our Team Members, Family and Friends, Contractors, and Visiting Health Professionals
Although the guidance has changed, we encourage all staff, contractors, health professionals, as well as family and friends visiting our services, to be fully vaccinated.
We will closely follow Government guidance and we remain committed to following the advice set out by the Government, NHS and other agencies.
For a summary of the changes to the guidance please Click Here
We continue to implement an organisation wide, and wherever possible, personalised management plan for customers, in line with Government advice, to protect the people we support and our colleagues.
The safety and wellbeing of the people we support, our staff and all stakeholders remains our top priority; we continue to follow the advice set out by the Government, NHS and other agencies, including an organisation-wide essential visitors’ policy in every service we deliver.
If you require any further information please contact Piotr Rejek, Chief Executive, on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01277 633 163.
We thank you for your continued support and understanding. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Reviewed – 04.04.22