Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Some of our Services are currently in lockdown, due to more than one positive lateral flow test (LFT) / polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test amongst our staff team. Please click here for further details.
ONCE LOCKDOWN HAS LIFTED IN AFFECTED SERVICES – AND FOR SERVICES NOT IN LOCKDOWN – THE BELOW PROCEDURES APPLY
Following the Prime Minister’s announcement that the country is in Plan B restrictions, there have been changes in visits to care homes.
VISITING PROCEDURES FOLLOWING LIFT OF LOCKDOWN OR FOR SERVICES NOT IN LOCKDOWN
Customers in our registered residential care homes and communal supported living Services will be limited to three nominated visitors who can visit regularly (this does not include essential care givers or essential visits). The names of the three people must be registered with the manager of the Service. Each Service has its own individual visiting plan and risk assessment that will need to be followed during the visit, please discuss with the team at the Service.
There continue to be some restrictions regarding frequency and visits within the home, especially communal areas.
- Please contact the Service to book a time to arrive at the home for all visits, regardless of where the visit is taking place.
- We still require visitors to complete a Lateral Flow test and wait 30 minutes for the result, if the test is negative you will then be able to come into the home.
- Please sanitise your hands on entry to the home, you will still need to wear a face mask or face shield for visits.
- Visits will be able to take place in customers’ bedroom, however, to maintain the safety of all customers there are some restrictions. If you choose to have your visit in your loved one’s bedroom, you will not be able to go into communal areas such as the lounge/kitchen and dining area. You will need to bring your own refreshments.
- Visiting times will be between 10.00hrs and 16.00hrs Monday to Friday. Please phone the Service for weekend visiting hours as these may differ between Services.
- The visit time is no longer restricted to 30 minutes; however, we need to be considerate to enable all families to visit, therefore a customer can have one visit per day (maximum 2 visitors).
- The visits within the home will be restricted to two people, however if the garden is used for a visit there is no restriction other than space, so please ensure you book your visit in advance.
We will closely follow Government guidance and we remain committed to following the advice set out by the Government, NHS and other agencies.
We continue to welcome new customers to our Services and have robust procedures in place that include testing all new customers prior to moving in, social distancing and usage of personal protective equipment that protect our customers, staff and visitors.
People We Support
All customers have been offered their Covid-19 vaccinations and those who wished to receive a vaccination have been given them.
Our Team Members, Contractors and Visiting Health Professionals
With effect from 11 November 2021, all our registered care home workers, and anyone entering a registered care home for their work, need to be fully vaccinated, unless they are medically exempt under the Government regulations.
Family and Friends Visiting Loved Ones
Family and friends of those living in our Services are not required to be fully vaccinated to visit, however, it is best practise for those people to have had both vaccinations. A negative lateral flow test must be reported using either the NHS app or the Gov.UK website to come into the Service. To register a home LFT result please visit: https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result.
A full and regular programme of testing remains ongoing for all customers and staff. It is proving very effective in identifying cases and enabling us to take quick and decisive action as required under Infection Protection Control regulations.
We continue to implement an organisation wide, and wherever possible, personalised management plan for customers, in line with Government advice, to protect the people we support and our colleagues.
The safety and wellbeing of the people we support, our staff and all stakeholders remains our top priority; we continue to follow the advice set out by the Government, NHS and other agencies, including an organisation-wide essential visitors’ policy in every service we deliver.
We have been investing in our Services to ensure that they are as Covid-safe as possible. We have introduced ‘no-touch’ antibacterial hand sanitisers, installed gazebos where feasible for outside visits and made other amendments as necessary, specific to each Service.
We know that you all recognise the seriousness of the current situation and rely on our service to do the very best to keep customers safe and well.
If you require any further information please contact Piotr Rejek, Chief Executive, on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01277 633163.
We thank you for your continued support and understanding. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Reviewed – 07.01.22